Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Best Gift


Today is my birthday and the best gift I received was a phone call early this morning, where my elderly parents were singing to me TOGETHER from their phone in the Netherlands.

Yes, they are BOTH still alive and ... YES still married together.

The last few years I was depressed on my birthday, the ‘getting old stuff’ is pretty scary to me.

Birthdays are so exciting when you are a child, yet when you mature these birthdays seem to come around faster each year. I have finally matured enough to realize, that I am happier now, than I have ever been in my entire life.

I have become more accepting, more forgiving and more appreciative of the small things in life, that are actually HUGE! Yes, I can see that now!

So now I can say ... Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Gea.Best wishes for you to be always happy and always healthy.Also,always close to people that you love and people that love you and care about you as well...

    ReplyDelete